Between April and September 2023, AO E-Circular Training and Consulting Center within project "Improving LPA's digital and green skills for better waste planning and management" implemented with the financial support of of the Austrian Development Agency (ADA), from the funds of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) developed and published – EXCEL module for developing local waste management programs and calculating tariffs for public waste management services.
The online module facilitates the calculation of sanitation tariffs and the development of local waste management programs, offering digital support for mayors, deputy mayors, municipal sanitation operator employees, accountants, other people involved in waste management planning activities, and enables users to:
- Collect and organize data on the types of waste generated in a community, the quantities generated, the frequency of collection and other relevant information.
- Calculate the costs involved in waste management using Excel formulas and functions.
- Establish rates for public waste management services.
- Develops Local Waste Management Programs, i.e. uses EXCEL spreadsheets to set goals, deadlines and responsibilities for various aspects of waste management in the community.
- Analyze data, including charts and graphs, and visualize trends in waste generation and associated costs, which can help make informed decisions about waste management.
- Create reports and documents that present important information related to waste management in the community.
The EXCEL module is a useful tool for LPAs, development agencies, municipal/regional waste management operators, NGOs, contractors and any public or private organizations interested in understanding waste flows within municipal solid waste management systems and to ensure compliance with at least the following provisions/normative acts:
- HGnr.881/2022 for the approval of the Methodology regarding the calculation of tariffs for some public municipal waste management services
- art. 35. para. (2) of Law 209/2016 on waste "Based on the National Waste Management Program, local public administration authorities develop local waste management programs in accordance with this law."
- Methodological guide for developing Local Waste Management Programs.
In total, more than 90 local representatives from different waste management regions were trained within the project, who participated both in online information workshops and in physical workshops.